Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.
One thing that all business owners have is common is the necessity to effectively manage their time. At the end of the day, do you feel overwhelmed? Are you thinking about all that you should have accomplished compared to what you did accomplish? Do you feel a little scattered, not knowing where to start? If you identified with these questions, you might benefit from reading further.
Time management is about working effectively and efficiently. It’s about working at your most peak level and removing the chaos. Aside from keeping a to-do list, effective time managers use calendars, set deadlines, keep paper clutter to a minimum, delegate, know their limits, and set achievable goals.
A few simple techniques that many virtual assistants use, and that might help you to get your office organized and running smoothly again, consist of:
1. Keep a to-do list (at the top of all time management plans
2. Set achievable goals
3. Prioritize tasks and deal with them in order of priority
4. Use a calendar
5. Set deadlines and keep them
7. Set a specific time to check email
8. File it or toss it
9. Save best time for most important tasks
10. Schedule personal time
11. Don’t procrastinate
12. Learn to delegate – No need to do it all
13. Answer email immediately
14. Have an idea – Write it down
15. Overcome procrastination
16. Create a weekly plan and modify when necessary
17. Be realistic and know your limits
18. Work in smaller blocks of time to keep concentration levels up
19. Test out different methods
20. Recognize most productive times in your day and use them to your advantage
21. Learn to say no when your schedule is full
22. Stay ahead of issues and challenges
23. Keep multitasking to a minimum
24. Limit distractions
25. Take a break to recharge
When you take the time to notice your most productive times in the day and use these times to your advantage, you will begin to notice your work quality improving. When you’re realistic with how much you can do in a day and set limits, you will find the quality of your work improving. Limiting distractions can help to keep our minds from being cluttered.
Therefore, when you take the time and effort to practice time management methods, your business will run as you had initially planned, smoothly and efficiently.