Do you have emails that need to be sent repeatedly? Are there emails with the same information that need to be sent over and over? It could a weekly event, a friendly reminder, or an answer to a frequently asked question. Outlook email message templates may be the answer, and the technique is really quite simple.
To Create an Email Template
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to your Home tab.
- Click on the new email button.
- Add your text, images, or whatever information that you want in this message.
- Add any recipients you might send this message to frequently.
- Choose the File menu.
- Click the Save As option.
- Save as Outlook Template.
- Enter a name for your template > Click Save.
Your template is ready for you when you need it.
To Use an Email Template
- Select the Home menu.
- Click the New Items tab
- Choose More Items from the drop-down menu.
- Select Choose Form from the submenu.
- In the drop-down box, select User Templates In File System (this is a crucial step, or your template will not show). Click Open.
- Edit anything that needs to be changed – dates, names, etc.
- At this point, you can add your recipients.
- Click Send as you would with any other email.
Office.com has some templates to get you started. Their website has letter, status report, meeting minutes, and newsletter templates. Use as-is or customize.
If you need a custom email message that you don’t see there, as virtual assistants, we can help and would love to do so.