Once in a while, you need to convert data from one form to another. Converting a tab delimited file into an Excel spreadsheet with columns is easier than you might think. In fact, it can be done in 10 easy steps.
– Open Microsoft Excel
– Open your text file
– Copy the text file using the Control + A on your keyboard
– Paste the text file into Microsoft Excel
– To select the entire column, click on the column header
– Select the Data tab
– Click on the Text to Columns button
– In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard, choose Delimited and click Next.
– View the Data preview
– Click finish and your document is done
It’s really that simple and can be learned in a short time. If you don’t have the time, let us help you convert your text documents into an Excel Spreadsheet.