Make a Transparent Image Background in Photoshop Elements
There are times when you need a transparent background on an image, as when you want to add a logo in a WordPress site, without changing the background around the logo. When your picture doesn’t have a transparent background, it’s easy to create one. However, it’s not always easy to find quick and easy information on how to create a transparent background. There’s a technique that’s pretty easy to do.
I’ve searched and the quickest method that works for me (hope it does for you also), is the following. I use Photoshop Elements, however I’m sure it can be done in Photoshop as well. If you want an even easier way to do this, I have noted the shortcuts in parenthesis. You use shortcuts all the time – like Control + C for copy. Follow the simple instructions below, and you’ll be creating transparent images in no time at all.
Make a Transparent Image in Eight Easy Steps
- Open your image in Photoshop Elements
- Choose the Magic Wand option
- Click on the background of the image
- Click your Select tab and choose “Inverse” (Control N)
- Cut the selection (Control X)
- Click file > New > Blank File > Make sure the background is set to transparent > Click OK (Control N)
- Paste (Control V)
- Save as a PNG (very important, as JPEG is not a transparent image)
I couldn’t believe it myself – it’s that easy.
As an administrative consultant, I have needed to use this method many times but had trouble with many of the solutions I found online. When I ran across the method, in a you tube video, I was impressed and even happier that it worked. Hope it works for you too.
[button link=”http://jgassistance.net/about-us-2/contact-us-4/” color=”red” newwindow=”yes”] We Can Create It For You[/button]