Do you make it your goal to offer quality work? As a virtual assistant, it is imperative to provide quality work to your clients. Substandard work will not do. Why do we need to stand out as virtual assistants? How do we stand out?
Why Do We Need to Stand Out?
There are numerous reasons to only give your best as virtual assistants. At the end of the day, I want my clients, and those that I have subcontracted for, to feel that they have made the right choice. It feels amazing when you’re told, “Wow! That’s great!” Imagine how it made my day when a client said that she appreciated my work and she was glad that she had found me. At that moment, the time it took to offer quality work was time well spent.
How Do We Stand Out?
Why we want to stand out may be more obvious to some than how we can stand out. Our service can stand out when we follow simple guidelines.
- Be Dependable – If you agree to do something, just do it. Become known as a virtual assistant that others can depend on.
- Be Honest – When asked about your skills, be honest. Even if you haven’t used that program before, it may be similar to one you have used. Mention this to your client but be honest.
- Proofread – When you have completed a task, proofread it. Taking a minute to look over your work is time well spent. Even if you must wait until the morning. At the end of the project, proofread your work. The best of the best will admit that proofreading is imperative to their business. Just a note, don’t rely on your spell check. There are many spelling errors that spell check will not pick up on.
- Offer Quality – If you perform edits on graphics, be sure that the client is happy with your work and that you are. Taking your time to make sure that the graphic is in the proper format and centered correctly is a must.
- Don’t Be a Salesman – This goes hand in hand with being honest. Many are gifted at saying just the right thing. However, be sincere with your client. They will see through a sales pitch but respect your integrity when you speak with sincerity.
- Learn New Programs and Techniques. The business world is constantly changing, and you can’t afford to be stagnant.
- Maintain a Web Presence – After all, isn’t this how your clients will find you.
Knowing and practicing these techniques will make you a valuable person to any team. At the end of the day, when all is said and done, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you have offered your best to those who have put their trust in you.
JG Assistance offers virtual assistant services. Please contact us so that we can discuss how we might be able to help your business.