Top Ten Tweeting Tips
Sounds like a tongue twister. No matter where you look, twitter continues to be in second place in social media networks, second only to Facebook. While Pinterest is climbing quickly, Twitter is not to be forgotten. It’s still a serious contender among social media networking sites. The top ten tweeting tips include:
Tips for Tweets
- Keep tweets short. People will read them.
- Tweet for fun. It’s not all about business. Keep it light, and don’t oversell.
- Tweet your blog posts. It’s a great way to promote your blog. Keep it balanced, though.
- It’s not all about shameless self-promotion. Remember “Tweet for fun.” Your readers don’t like to be sold to.
- Thank your new followers. It just takes a minute to follow your followers and thank them with a quick @……. Thanks for the follow. It means a lot to them.
- Tweet during the weekends. It’s just as important, and some will say more so, as tweeting during the week.
- Retweet, follow, and engage. Remember it’s not all about you. When you include others in your tweets, they will remember. It’s such a simple thing to do, too.
- Thanks for the retweet. It’s important to thank others for the retweet. Though it only takes a second, it will be remembered.
- Don’t forget your hashtags. How can your tweets be found by those not following you? In a word – hashtags. That little # symbol can make a big difference in who sees your tweet
- Add a link to your website to your bio. It’s a great way for your followers to see who you are and where your website is.
My favorite tip is and always will be: Keep it positive. If you must rant, don’t rant on your business page. Those who follow you, unless you’re known for being controversial, aren’t looking on your page for drama. Keep it light.
There’s an amazing guide on Mashable for Twitter users. You have the basics, how to build your community, using Twitter for business, how to share, and how to manage your Twitter stream. From marketing to customer service, this page has it all.
Aside from the top ten tweeting tips above, you can also find great tweeting tips on SproutInsight’s “Twitter Tip Tuesday.” They have everything from using Tweetvites to going on a Twitter fast. It might be a good website to follow too.
Whether you’re new to Twitter or not, you can always improve to ensure that you aren’t getting yourself into a Tweeting rut. Remember, there are always new and exciting ways to engage with your followers which is so important in the Twitter world. Happy Tweeting![button link=”#http://jgassistance.net/about-us-2/contact-us-4/” color=”red” newwindow=”yes”] Not Enough Time to Tweet?[/button]